We help secure your financial future, so that you and your family can get on with enjoying the most important things in life
We help secure your financial future, so that you and your family can get on with enjoying the most important things in life.
Whether you are an employee, a business owner, a retired individual, or an investor, we provide expert financial advice and services tailored for you in a highly personalised manner.
We will help you to plan for your retirement, manage and grow your savings and investments, ensure that you and your family are protected in the event of death or illness, and minimise your taxes.
Pension & Retirement Planning
The basic concept is straightforward – putting money aside during our working lives for our retirement makes sense. In reality however, successfully navigating through the wide range of options, benefits and restrictions has become increasingly difficult and complex.
We help you to take advantage of the options that are best for you, by providing expert technical and practical advice, within a clear and structured plan.
We help you to take advantage of the generous tax reliefs available, and to ensure that your pension and retirement savings are invested in an appropriate investment strategy that is evaluated and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Our advice and services include:
- Pension plan structures for business owners and self-employed individuals.
- Employee pension plan options and Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) structures.
- Options for existing pension plans when changing jobs.
- Comprehensive retirement planning service for clients who are planning to retire in the short-medium term.
- Accessing benefits from pension plans.
- Approved retirement fund (ARF & AMRF) structures.
- Annuity purchase to provide a guaranteed income in retirement.
Self-Administered Pension Schemes
We help business owners, self-employed individuals and key employees to take control of the investment of their pension funds by providing advice and services on the self-administered pension scheme options available.
We are a Pensioneer Trustee approved by the Revenue Commissioners and we act as the Registered Administrator for self-administered pension schemes.
A self-administered pension scheme provides the option of investing your pension funds in direct assets such as individual residential and commercial properties, listed company shares and other listed securities, private company shares, etc.
We are a member of The Association of Pensioneer Trustees of Ireland www.apt-ireland.com, which promotes technical excellence and best practice for Pensioneer Trustees.
Savings & Investment Advice
Whether you have a lump sum that you wish to invest, you have existing investments already in place, or wish to make regular savings, choosing the right options can be difficult in an increasingly complex and uncertain financial environment.
As expert financial advisors with an in-depth knowledge of the range of savings and investment options available, we help you to select, implement and evaluate on an ongoing basis the best options for you, including:
- Cash deposits: we advise on market-leading deposit accounts from Irish and foreign banks.
- Tax-efficient investment structures: we help you to select and implement tax-efficient structures to manage your long-term investments, to enable you to defer taxes on investment income/gains for up to 8 years.
- Leading investment managers: we research a wide range of global and specialist investment managers in order to identify appropriate investment solutions for our clients.
- Tax-efficient savings plans: we help you to select and implement tax-efficient savings structures to enable you to make regular savings for education funding, general savings purposes, etc.
- Income strategies: for clients who require a regular income from their savings and investments, we devise tax-efficient strategies to maximise income and to preserve and grow investment capital.
Our advice is centred around your requirements and your circumstances, and we take the time to understand and to review your personal preferences, your personal circumstances and objectives, your attitude to investment risk, and your existing financial arrangements.
We work with you on an ongoing basis over the long-term, in order to help you to manage and to maximise your savings and investments, within a clear, concise and structured framework.
Comprehensive Wealth Management Service
We provide a comprehensive wealth management service for clients with significant financial arrangements, who are busy running their businesses/careers and families.
The main aim of the service is to assist clients to achieve or enhance financial independence and other financial objectives in a planned and structured manner.
The service brings together all of the skills, experience and services of our firm in order to deliver an integrated financial planning strategy, to be implemented, monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The stages in the process typically include:
- Review: following detailed consultation with you, the first stage is a comprehensive review of all your existing financial arrangements, including investments, pension plans, loans and other liabilities, tax and estate planning, income sources and outgoings, life insurance, etc. Any inefficiencies and potential cost savings are identified at this stage.
- Strategy: in accordance with your objectives and personal circumstances, a draft personal business plan is prepared for discussion and review, which includes the findings from our initial review, a series of specific targets and recommendations, and a course of action to be implemented over the short, medium and long term.
- Implement: once the plan is finalised and agreed, the next stage is the implementation of the plan. We assist you with the plan’s implementation over time and work with your other advisors and other third parties as required.
- Evaluate: the progress of the plan is reviewed on an ongoing basis. The plan’s performance is critically evaluated, and changes and amendments are considered and implemented, in order to take account of possible changes to your circumstances, changes in legislation, changes in the general economic environment, etc.
Life Insurance Broker
Life insurance cover is a necessary requirement for most of us. Life insurance is about the prudent use of insurance in order to protect ourselves and our families in the event of illness or death.
The cost of life insurance is a necessary component of financial planning. Our role in this process is to help you to ensure that you have the correct life insurance cover, at the lowest cost, which is structured tax-efficiently where possible.
The main types of life insurance cover consist of:
- Life Cover: this cover provides a lump sum payment in the event of your death. If you have a mortgage on your home, you most likely have life cover on the mortgage – with your lender as the beneficiary in the event of your death. The cost for certain types of life cover can qualify for income tax relief at your marginal rate, if structured correctly. Employers can also provide this cover for employees/directors and the cost is allowable as a business trading expense for tax purposes.
- Income Protection/Disability Cover: this cover provides an ongoing monthly income in the event that you are unable to work due to illness/accident/injury/disability. The cost of this cover qualifies for income tax relief at your marginal rate. Employers can also provide this cover for employees/directors and the cost is allowable as a business trading expense for tax purposes.
- Specified Illness Cover: this cover provides a lump sum payment in the event of the diagnosis of a specified illness (such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc). The cost of this cover is generally not allowable for income tax relief.
We will evaluate the level of life insurance cover that you need and we will review any existing life insurance cover you have in place.
As part of our services for our clients, we act as a broker for life insurance cover and we can arrange life insurance cover for our clients with the main life insurance companies in Ireland.